Hi, I'm Pete Yandell
I write software.
I'm a developer at Envato.
(I was Lead Architect on Envato Market for a long time, but I've come down from my ivory tower and am working with a smaller team now.)
In my spare time I ride bicycles, play guitar badly, and
- A lean client for AWS, implemented as Faraday middleware
- A subset of AWS as a Rack app, for dev and testing
- A nicer replacement for Ruby's Struct and OpenStruct
- A factory gem with a clean syntax
- Better file moving and renaming
- MIDI Patchbay
- Route MIDI data between all your bits of software and hardware.
- A small, fast synth, for trying out musical ideas quickly.
Update: Added exceptions for non-existent transitions, and cleaned up a bit.
A cheat-sheet on using
scope for organising routes
Adam has a great message for his kids.
What Edward Z. Yang calls “Extremist Programming”, I call “practice”.